My Passions

A passion is defined as a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept.” Using this definition as a guide than I would say my passion is to explore. I explore places new and old, near and far. I like to get to know where I am. I introduce myself slowly and meet the people, taste the food, see the sights, and live the culture. To explore a new place takes time.

Growing up in the Hudson Valley has granted me with many opportunities to explore the region which I did not take up until just recently. Exploring was always in my blood and after I graduated high school I moved to California, Italy, Rhode Island, and Switzerland until I finally was brought back to my roots. Throughout my time away from home I was able to explore more of the world using these places as a jumping off point. I explored all these places with the utmost curiosity and care. I immersed myself in the cultures and got to know each place I lived and traveled to but I was finally brought back home where I am now focusing on exploring my home.

Now that I am home again I can focus on my family and career. I use my explorations and experiences to add insight and perspective to my classroom and now I take my family with me when I go “exploring.”

1 Response to My Passions

1. A kindred spirit! I also love traveling and experiencing new places. I have lived in Westchester, Albany, NYC, Australia and Italy, but have also returned to my roots on Long Island. Nice to hear we share an interest!